Avoiding Find Your Itch fees is not allowed, whether intentional or not. Sellers attempting to avoid Find Your Itch fees create risk for themselves, and a poor experience for buyers.
Examples of avoiding fees include making offers to buy or sell outside of Find Your Itch, requiring the buyer to make additional purchases, or charging excessive shipping fees.
What is the policy?
Sellers are prohibited from activities that avoid Find Your Itch fees, intentionally or not. This includes:
- Making offers to buy or sell outside of Find Your Itch
- Linking or promoting sites, items, or catalogs that can be used to order items outside of Find Your Itch
- Requiring a buyer to make additional purchases or to agree to terms outside of the listing
- Canceling bids or ending a listing early because the desired price has not been met
- Charging excessive shipping and additional fees not already included in the price of the item, or passing seller fees on to the buyer
- Changing a listing duration more than 2 hours after submitting the listing
- Misusing the reserve price feature in a listing
- Listing items outside of the correct category
- Falsely reporting unpaid items, or refusing payment at the end of a successful transaction
- Changing the information in a listing to sell a different item instead of listing a new item
- Selling completely different brands, models, or types of items as choice listings, such as:
- Selling different brands or models (for example, listing an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 in the same listing)
- Selling items with different conditions such as “new” and “used”
Sellers are responsible for paying fees for all sales made using some or all Find Your Itch services, even if the sale terms are finalized, or payment is made outside of Find Your Itch.
Sellers are also responsible for Final Value Fees if they offer or reference their contact information, or ask for a buyer’s contact information, in the context of buying for selling outside of Find Your Itch, even if the item does not sell on Find Your Itch.
Activity that doesn’t follow Find Your Itch policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does Find Your Itch have this policy?
This policy protects buyers and sellers from purchases that aren’t eligible for Find Your Itch services such as Find Your Itch Money Back Guarantee.